We always say that Camp Sonshine is about the people, and it’s true! We would not be able to continue in “Making Memories, Changing Lives” without the support of a lot of people! Would you consider being one of those people?
There are many ways you can use your gifts, talents and abilities at Camp Sonshine. All you have to do is ask yourself, “What do I like to do?” We’ll find a place for you to do that at Camp Sonshine.
Here are some ways people have helped in the past:
- Building – There are many ways to use your handy work at camp.
- Cooking/Baking – Our counselors work hard all day so the people who make home-cooked meals, or bring a dish to contribute, for them at the end of the day are truly fueling the ministry of Camp Sonshine! Also, there’s nothing like a homemade cookie in your lunch during a hot summer day! As Camp Solaris grows, we will need help serving campers there, too.
- Landscaping – During the spring, summer or all-year-round.
- Nana’s Snack Shack – calling All Nana’s – sign up early to get a spot being in the camp store/snack shack. Campers love seeing “there nana” in the snack shack!
- Assistant Counselors – High school students or young adults who are interested in helping with a g group of campers or leading an activities are encourages to apply for one our our popular Assistant Counselor volunteer positions. Check out our Assistant Counselor Page here.
Attend one of the following events to find out more OR JUMP IN!
Builders Cookout with Papa
Thursday, March 30 at 5:30 p.m.
For the men – Dads, grandpas, uncles and everyone in between – learn how you can be a part of
Papa’s crew of men who want to “build up” our campsites!
Afternoon Tea with Nana
Sunday, May 7 at 2 p.m.
For the ladies – Moms, grandmas, aunts and everyone in between – learn about how you can use your various experiences to serve at Camp Sonshine!
Spring Work Days
Camp Sonshine Work Days – April 8 & April 22
Camp Solaris Work Days – April 15 & May 6
Come for an hour or stay all day! Have a different time or day that fits your schedule? No problem. Contact us and we can schedule a time that works for you! The sky is the limit at Camp Sonshine If you want to serve, there is a place for you!